On October 27, 2015, US Representative Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (FL-R) blasted the United Nations group that works for the Palestinians.
UNRWA, the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East, has a stated mission of helping over 5 million “Palestine refugees.” That unique and bizarre definition of “refugees” includes second, third and even fourth generation descendants of people who used to live in Palestine, even though refugee status cannot be handed down through the generations like an inheritance, and refugees are defined as people who flee from a country, not a house or a region.
The non-governmental organization (NGO) UN Watch, which monitors various UN bodies, reported on October 16 that “at least ten different UN staffers are using the imprimatur of their official positions to incite Palestinian stabbing and shooting attacks against Israeli Jews, with one calling on Facebook to “stab Zionist dogs.” That revelation led US Rep. Ros-Lehtinen to attack UNRWA from the House floor and question whether US taxpayers should continue to fund an organization that has close ties to Hamas.
In addition to the various UNRWA workers who posted on social media support for the killing of Jews, UNRWA has a long history which is not about supporting Palestinians, but about attacking Israel and Jews.
UNRWA stockpiled rockets to fire at Israel. There were at least three occasions in 2014 when Hamas stored weapons at UNRWA schools during its war against Israel.
Hamas fired rockets from the UNRWA schools. According to a UN report, “The area behind the [Gaza] school wall was known at the time for being used by militants, including for the firing of projectiles.”
UNRWA School Headmaster made bombs and rockets to fire at Israel. The Rafah Prep Boys School was administered by UNRWA, and its headmaster developed rockets for Islamic Jihad to fire into Israel.
UNRWA schools refuse to teach the Holocaust. Even though the teaching of the Holocaust is suppose to be a standard part of the curriculum, UNRWA caved to the wishes of Hamas in striking the program.
UNRWA Promises that the Agency will be the gateway for 5 million refugees to move to Israel. While UN resolutions have discussed finding an appropriate solution for refugees, UNRWA has taken a lead in promising Arabs in Gaza that they will all be allowed to move to Israel, as described in Delivery of the Fictional Palestinian Keys.
In light of the disgraceful actions of UNRWA, Rep. Ros-Lehtinen introduced H.R.3829 which intends to enforce changes to UNRWA. It includes stopping the US funding of UNRWA unless and until certain conditions are met:
- no UNRWA official, employee, representative, or affiliate is a member of a foreign terrorist organization, has propagated anti-American, anti-Israel, or anti-Semitic rhetoric, or has used UNRWA resources to propagate political materials regarding the Israeli-Palestinian conflict;
- no UNRWA facility is used by a foreign terrorist organization;
- no UNRWA school uses educational materials that propagates anti-American, anti-Israel, or anti-Semitic rhetoric;
- no recipient of UNRWA funds or loans is a member of a foreign terrorist organization;
- UNRWA is subject to auditing oversight; and
- UNRWA holds no accounts or other affiliations with financial institutions deemed by the United States to be complicit in money laundering and terror financing.
Write your senator and congressperson and include the link to this article, telling them to support this legislation.
Related First.One.Through articles:
Subscribe YouTube channel: FirstOneThrough
Join Facebook group: FirstOne Through Israel Analysis