Summary: In their eagerness to give Palestinian Arabs self-determination, Europeans have begun to symbolically recognize Palestine as a country. However, the Europeans have failed to recognize that Palestinian actions are against the law and vision for peace.
During the months of October and November 2014, a number of European countries took symbolic steps to recognize Palestine as a distinct independent country. What do they really recognize and how does it fit with their world vision and laws?
Holocaust denial and its trivialization is part of the Palestinian culture, starting with its acting president, Mahmoud Abbas.
- Abbas spent several years writing his doctorate research on Holocaust denial; that phd paper is taught at the Palestinian Authority.
- In April 2014, Abbas continued his pattern of belittling the Holocaust by stating that the Palestinians can appreciate the Holocaust because they suffer from similar “ethnic discrimination and racism” from Israel.
- In September 2014 Abbas said Israel was engaged in a “war of genocide” against the Palestinians,
- The major political party for the Palestinians, Hamas, which runs Gaza, prohibits the teaching of Holocaust studies in its schools, even though it is a standard part of the UNRWA school program.
This denial of the Holocaust is considered illegal in many European countries including: Austria; Belgium; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Czech Republic; France; Germany; Hungary; Israel; Liechtenstein; Lithuania; Luxembourg; Netherlands; Poland; Portugal; Romania; Spain; and Switzerland.
The Palestinians are the most anti-Semitic group on the planet.
- A poll published by the Anti Defamation League in April 2014 found that almost every single Palestinian Arab- 93% – harbor anti-Semitic views.
- The Hamas charter is the most anti-Semitic and racist charter on earth. It reads like a combination of Hitler’s Mein Kamf, The Protocols of the Elders of Zion and a Jihadist Manifesto. It openly calls for the killing of all Jews and the destruction of the Jewish State.
- The Palestinians support Hamas with this charter, electing them to 58% of the parliament in 2006 and backing the party in every poll since that time.
- Palestinian leadership and clergy often call Jews names (like “sons of pigs and apes”) on state run television.
- Palestinian law prohibits Jews from stepping onto college campuses in the West Bank.
- Palestinian law and Abbas have made it a crime to sell land to Jews.
- Abbas has stated he will not permit a single Israeli to live in a new state of Palestine.
The United Nations ran its first ever discussion about the growing problem of anti-Semitism in January 2015. Several countries have laws specifically banning anti-Semitism (beyond general laws against hate speech) including: Austria; France; Mexico; Romania; Spain; Sweden and Switzerland.
Attacking Israeli civilians has been a fundamental charge of the Palestinians.
- Hamas has launched over 10,000 rockets against Israeli civilians and population centers.
- Various Palestinian groups including Hamas, Islamic Jihad and others have killed thousands in bombings and shootings on buses, hotels, pizza stores and elsewhere in Israel.
- Palestinians have killed Jewish civilians all over the world in large scale terrorist acts including in Rome, Stockholm and Istanbul.
- Palestinians strongly support the use of terrorism against civilians (over 80% as of September 2014).
- Abbas names squares and tournaments after terrorists who kill Israeli civilians.
Many countries label Hamas a terrorist organization including: the US; Canada; Australia; Israel; Japan; the United Kingdom; Egypt and Jordan. The European Union also categorized Hamas as a terrorist organization until December 2014, when it decided to reconsider the designation. The United Nations has also created task forces to deal with terrorism that are intended to cut off all support.
To summarize the state of the Palestinians in 2015: it is run by a Holocaust denier who has suspended elections while he instigates violence; the ruling party in parliament is more openly anti-Semitic and genocidal than the Nazis when they were elected in 1933, and has called for the complete destruction of a member state of the United Nations; and the populace is the most anti-Semitic in the world.
It is one thing to wish for a group of people to have self-determination. But does such a hateful, violent jihadist group which seeks the destruction of a member state of the United Nations deserve recognition?
If Europe and the world truly care about Holocaust denial, anti-Semitism and terrorism as current laws declare, they must confront the reality of the current state of Palestinian Arabs and demand fundamental changes before it can be given any recognition on the world stage.
Abbas Holocaust denial paper: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/143752#.VMuN-ps5BTw
Holocaust denial criminal offense: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_against_Holocaust_denial
Abbas calling a “genocide” by Israel: http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2014/09/abbas-israel-waging-war-genocide-gaza-201492616952287680.html
Palestinian law banning the sale of land to Jews:
Left-wing article on left-wing journalist barred from Bir Zeit University: http://jfjfp.com/?p=65375
Birzeit University bans Jews: http://www.timesofisrael.com/haaretz-writer-booted-from-palestinian-school-because-shes-israeli/
Calling Jews “sons of pigs and apes” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHhG1IyfqXg#t=13
Hamas charter: http://avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/hamas.asp
Palestinian poll September 2014: http://www.pcpsr.org/en/node/496
- If presidential elections, Hamas would win and Abbas would place third in a three-person race
- 81% Hamas’s “way of resisting occupation”
Palestinian terrorists attack Jews all over world: http://www.thejewishweek.com/news/israel-news/timeline-attacks-synagogues
United Nations task force on terrorism: http://www.un.org/en/terrorism/
ADL anti-Semitism report: http://global100.adl.org/public/ADL-Global-100-Executive-Summary.pdf
Laws against anti-Semitism: http://www.antisemitism.org.il/eng/Legislation%20Against%20Antisemitism%20and%20Denial%20of%20the%20Holocaust
EU reverses on Hamas terrorist label: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/18/world/europe/hamas-palestinian-statehood-vote-european-parliament.html?_r=0
Related First One Through articles:
Europe punishing Israel instead of Palestinians to advance peace process: https://firstonethrough.wordpress.com/2014/10/15/european-narrative-over-facts/
Failure of Europe in the peace process: https://firstonethrough.wordpress.com/2015/01/02/failing-negotiation-102-europe/
Abbas knows Racism: https://firstonethrough.wordpress.com/2014/10/27/abbas-knows-racism/
Palestinians are not “resorting” to violence: https://firstonethrough.wordpress.com/2014/11/19/the-palestinians-arent-resorting-to-violence-they-are-murdering-and-waging-war/
Hamas is more extreme than the Nazis: https://firstonethrough.wordpress.com/2014/10/25/extreme-and-mainstream-germany-1933-west-bank-gaza-2014/
Music video on Hamas (music by CSNY):