As society moves from a Bell to a Barbell Curve, with politics becoming dominated by the extremes rather than the center, it is important for all people over 18 years old to register to vote. Once upon a time, when the country was led by moderates, people could afford to stay home as the difference between a center-right or center-left candidate was pretty modest.
In deep red and deep blue districts, extremists backed by the likes of the Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) are being elected to the office. They secure their positions in the PRIMARIES when many people don’t come out to vote, thinking that elections principally happen in November.
In New York State this year, primaries are happening on August 23, 2022, with early voting beginning on August 13. This second primary (one for statewide positions happened several weeks ago) is because of the late redistricting in the state. New district boundaries brought various politicians in and out of their historic zones, forcing a delay in the vote.
JULY 29, 2022 IS THE LAST DAY TO REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS UPCOMING ELECTION FOR YOUR CONGRESSPERSON. You can download the New York State voter registration form, and mail it in before July 29 to help keep extremists out of power.
An example of the extremists in New York State can be found in NY-16, now headed by Rep. Jamaal Bowman who came to power with the backing of the DSA. His newly redrawn district covers southern Westchester County.
Bowman is in favor of:
- Defunding the Police
- Open borders and abolishing ICE, the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement Department
- Teaching Critical Race Theory in schools, saying “Critical race theory is important, particularly as it relates to education”
- Killing jobs and infrastructure investment, as he voted against the Infrastructure Bill and then lied to his constituents that he voted for it
- Demonizing Israel, when he co-sponsored a bill to declare the founding of Israel a ‘Nakba,’ meaning a ‘catastrophe.’
- Hindering coexistence between the Jewish State and its Arab neighbors, when he voted against supporting the Abraham Accords
- Keeping weapons from Israel, co-sponsoring legislation with fellow squad members
- Overturning America which he believes is systemically racist, saying “our laws perpetuate white supremacy.”
Make sure everyone you know over 18 years old at the time of voting is registered by July 29, and then vote out the extremists in August.