The 78-year Civil War
While pro-Palestinians and Palestinian PR personnel describe Arabs killing Jews as a “natural” or “spontaneous” reaction to Israeli policies, the facts are clear that the Arabs are actively looking to murder Jews. Any person or media outlet that uses language that the Arabs are “resorting to violence” is simply lying.
“Resorting to violence” is something that someone does begrudgingly and spontaneously . The deliberate and celebrated killing of innocents has a different, specific name: “murder”.
- Premeditated murder…The various attacks in the fall of 2014 by Palestinian Muslims against Israeli civilians were premeditated.
- …as called for by Palestinian leadership… The Hamas and PLO charters and repeated incitement by the Palestinian leadership encouraged the murders.
- …endorsed and celebrated by the Palestinian people: The murderous agenda received overwhelming support from the Palestinian people and the murders were celebrated events.
In short, the Palestinians were not “resorting” to violence; they were fighting a war that they started in earnest in 1936 when they fought to stop Jewish immigration to Palestine and to halt the Jewish state from becoming a reality.
“Resorting to violence”
The media must stop using “resorting” language on its own, and cease quoting Palestinians who use the deceitful language to both cover the intentional murder of Jews, and to reverse the fault for the murder onto the victims themselves.
Not only is the “resorting” phrase disgraceful in putting the blame onto the victim, it ignores the incessant calls from Palestinian leadership for war, the murder of Jews and destruction of Israel.
Palestinian Leadership Calls for the Murder of Jews
Yasser Arafat (fungus be upon him):
- Described the shooter of Rabbi Yehuda Glick as a “martyr”
- Abbas’s advisor on the murderer who ran over civilians “saturating the land of the homeland with their pure blood and igniting the flames of rage”
- On the Temple Mount: “We have to prevent them, in any way whatsoever, from entering the Sanctuary. This is our Sanctuary, our Al-Aqsa and our Church [of the Holy Sepulchre]. They have no right to enter it. They have no right to defile it. We must prevent them. Let us stand before them with chests bared to protect our holy places.“
Sheik Ahmed Yassin (founder of Hamas):
Other Hamas & Fatah leadership:
- Calls for “Day of Rage”
- “move to save the Aksa Mosque and defend Jerusalem against the Israeli siege imposed on the city.”
- Fatah Ahmed Assaf said that “the Jerusalem operation was a natural response to the Israeli violations.”
- Fatah official Amal Hamad on TV:“It was only natural that the outcome of all that has happened would be the operation that we witnessed yesterday [murders of rabbis in the synagogue]…the natural outcome is the targeting of some settlers”
- Mushir al-Masri, a Hamas spokesman, wrote in a Facebook post: “We have the full right to revenge for the blood of our martyrs in all possible means.”
- “Palestine, with the boundaries it had during the British Mandate, is an indivisible territorial unit. ” (meaning all Gaza, Israel, West Bank and Jordan)
- “It is a national duty to bring up individual Palestinians in an Arab revolutionary manner…He must be prepared for the armed struggle and ready to sacrifice his wealth and his life in order to win back his homeland and bring about its liberation”
- “one national front working for the retrieval of Palestine and its liberation through armed struggle”
- “Armed struggle is the only way to liberate Palestine. Thus it is the overall strategy, not merely a tactical phase. The Palestinian Arab people assert their absolute determination and firm resolution to continue their armed struggle and to work for an armed popular revolution for the liberation of their country and their return to it”
- “Commando action constitutes the nucleus of the Palestinian popular liberation war….in the armed Palestinian revolution“
- “aims at the elimination of Zionism in Palestine…the Arab nation must mobilize all its military, human, moral, and spiritual capabilities to participate actively with the Palestinian people in the liberation of Palestine. It must, particularly in the phase of the armed Palestinian revolution, offer and furnish the Palestinian people with all possible help, and material and human support, and make available to them the means and opportunities that will enable them to continue to carry out their leading role in the armed revolution, until they liberate their homeland.”
- “The Arab Palestinian people, expressing themselves by the armed Palestinian revolution, reject all solutions which are substitutes for the total liberation of Palestine”
- “the liberation of Palestine will destroy the Zionist and imperialist presence and will contribute to the establishment of peace in the Middle East”
- “Fighters and carriers of arms in the war of liberation are the nucleus of the popular army which will be the protective force for the gains of the Palestinian Arab people.”
- “They [Jews] are smitten with vileness wheresoever they are found; unless they obtain security by entering into a treaty with Allah…
- Our struggle against the Jews is very great and very serious….
- until the enemy is vanquished and Allah’s victory is realized…
- raise the banner of Jihad in the face of the oppressors, so that they would rid the land and the people of their uncleanliness, vileness and evils…
- raise the banner of Allah over every inch of Palestine…
- The Day of Judgement will not come about until Moslems fight the Jews (killing the Jews)… O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him…
- Jihad is its path and death for the sake of Allah is the loftiest of its wishes…
- the land of Palestine is an Islamic Waqf…
- Nothing in nationalism is more significant or deeper than in the case when an enemy should tread Moslem land. Resisting and quelling the enemy become the individual duty of every Moslem…
- so-called peaceful solutions and international conferences, are in contradiction to the principles of the Islamic Resistance Movement…
- There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are all a waste of time and vain endeavors…
- The day that enemies usurp part of Moslem land, Jihad becomes the individual duty of every Moslem. In face of the Jews’ usurpation of Palestine, it is compulsory that the banner of Jihad be raised…
- the Palestinian problem is a religious problem, and should be dealt with on this basis…
- Moslem woman has a role no less important than that of the moslem man in the battle of liberation…
- The Islamic nature of Palestine is part of our religion and whoever takes his religion lightly is a loser….
- Arab countries surrounding Israel are asked to open their borders before the fighters from among the Arab and Islamic nations so that they could consolidate their efforts with those of their Moslem brethren in Palestine…
- Israel, Judaism and Jews challenge Islam and the Moslem people…
- Under the wing of Islam, it is possible for the followers of the three religions – Islam, Christianity and Judaism – to coexist in peace and quiet with each other…
- It is the duty of the followers of other religions to stop disputing the sovereignty of Islam in this region…
- Hail to Jihad…
- as the Moslems faced those raids and planned fighting and defeating them, they should be able to confront the Zionist invasion and defeat it”
Various comments from Palestinian leadership calling for the murder of Jews: http://www.palwatch.org/main.aspx?fi=427
How has the incitement been received by the Palestinian masses? Quite well.
Majority of Palestinians Advocating and Celebrating Violence
- Palestinian Center for Policy and Survey Research on October 10, 2014:“the public still favors Hamas’ “way” over negotiations, and Hamas and Haniyeh are still more popular than Fatah and Mahmud Abbas”
- September 25, 2014 poll: “[if] presidential elections if held today: Ismail Haniyeh [of Hamas] would win a majority of 55% and Abbas 38%”
- Palestinians have demonstrated their majority support for the rabidly anti-Semitic Hamas party (elected to 58% of parliament in 2006).
- Over 25% of Palestinian Arabs believe the goal of the Palestinian Authority is a complete destruction of Israel (every Palestinian poll in 2014).
- Palestinians hand out sweets to celebrate the murder of four rabbis praying in synagogue.
- Palestinian leadership calls murderers of Jews “martyrs” and names squares and tournaments after them.
The Palestinian people have willingly embraced a culture of war and terrorism and there is nothing begrudging in their violent actions or attitudes. A global community that supports such actions and blames the victims is complicit in the terrorism itself.
Ashrawi November 18, 2014: http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/18/world/meast/jerusalem-violence/
Palestinians celebrating murder of four rabbis praying: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/187615#.VGvObd4L8mg.facebook
New York Times Hamas “resorting” editorial: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/20/opinion/hamass-illegitimacy.html?_r=0
UN Ban Ki-Moon on “resorting”: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/23/john-kerry-flies-israel-flight-ban-gaza-ceasefire-talks
Palestinian poll September 2014: http://www.pcpsr.org/
PLO Charter: http://www.iris.org.il/plochart.htm
Hamas Charter: http://avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/hamas.asp
Arafat quotes: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/y/yasser_arafat.html
Abbas on shooter of Yehuda Glick: http://www.palwatch.org/main.aspx?fi=157&doc_id=12946
Day of Rage (November): http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Palestinians-again-call-for-Day-of-Rage-against-Israel-on-Friday-381091
Day of Rage (July): http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/israel-hamas-agree-12-hour-cease-fire-article-1.1879824
Amal Hamad “natural”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bn5a0o4Qbk
Other comments on murder of rabbis praying: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/joseph-klein/palestinian-bloodlust-unleashed/
Related FirstOneThrough articles:
Mainstream and Abbas’ Jihad
The New Blood Libel
UN Comments on the Murder of Innocents: Itamar and Duma