Extremist left wing Democratic politicians are coming to the defense of Representative Ilhan Omar over charges that she made a series of anti-Semitic comments, by stating – inaccurately – that Omar is just debating some of Israel’s policies.
- Democratic-Socialist Vermont Senator and Presidential-hopeful Bernie Sanders said “Anti-Semitism is a hateful and dangerous ideology which must be vigorously opposed in the United States and around the world. We must not, however, equate anti-Semitism with legitimate criticism of the right-wing, Netanyahu government in Israel. Rather, we must develop an even-handed Middle East policy which brings Israelis and Palestinians together for a lasting peace.”
- Alt-left Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren said “We have a moral duty to combat hateful ideologies in our own country and around the world — and that includes both anti-Semitism and Islamophobia. In a democracy, we can and should have an open, respectful debate about the Middle East that focus on policy. Branding criticism of Israel as automatically anti-Semitic has a chilling effect on our public discourse.“
Rep. Ilhan Omar and Sen. Bernie Sanders conduct a news conference in
Washington, D.C. on Jan. 10, 2019. (Photo: Tom Williams/CQ Roll Call via AP)
However, the Sanders and Warren comments meant to address Ilhan Omar have nothing to do with what Omar actually said. She didn’t debate policies, she attacked Americans.
Omar Attacking Particular Americans
Omar had two particular offensive comments regarding Israel supporters in America.
- “It’s all about the Benjamins baby,” was a statement she made about AIPAC, the American Israel Political Affairs Committee. She suggested – incorrectly – two things:
- that AIPAC gives money to politicians; they do not
- politicians really don’t like Israel, but they support it because they need the pro-Zionist money to stay in office
- “I should not be expected to have allegiance/pledge support to a foreign country in order to serve my country in Congress or serve on committee,” was Omar’s complaint that politicians were being forced to serve a foreign regime. She suggested that such pledge was being forced on her by Americans generally (who must also have dual loyalties to advocate for such a thing), and from politicians who were demanding such pledge because of Zionist money (see 1 above).
These comments aren’t about Israeli policies such as the soft blockade of Gaza or the Security Barrier. These are comments about Americans, and the implication is Jewish Americans as she singled out the one Jewish State. Specifically, Omar was offended about their money, their undue influence in supporting a foreign power, and their powers of blackmail. These are disgraceful anti-Semitic tropes used by Hitler and the Nazi Party (the German Socialist movement of the 1930’s and 1940’s) that are being used by the alt-left today.
- Jews have the money. AOC said their riches are “immoral.” NYC Mayor Bill De Blasio said that the “wrong” people have the money.
- Jews use their wealth to support foreign entities, as Hitler wrote in Mein Kampf, to support and establish a “state within other states.”
- Jews use the claim of anti-Semitism to shut down debate. This is also straight from Hitler’s Mein Kampf: “It was one of the most ingenious tricks that was ever invented to let this State sail under the flag of religion.” Hitler argued that part of the Jewish conspiracy was to claim that their religion protected it from discrimination while it continued “to expound the the nationalistic philosophy of the Jewish race.” (page 196)
- Blackmail if demands not met. Omar made her objection clear. So did Adolf Hitler: “in politics, also, the application of economic means of pressure permits the exercise of extortion, as long as there exists a sufficient amount of the necessary recklessness on the one side, and enough stupid, sheepish patience on the other.” (page 63)
The alt-left Democratic Socialist wing has made no bones about income inequality and the rich taking advantage of the poor masses, just as Hitler wrote “they [the Jews] are cheats, characters of political profiteering, who hate the honest work of others. Just as such a folkish moth always appeals to the darkness of the silence, one can bet a thousand to one that under its cover he does not produce, but only steals steals from the fruits of the labor of others.” (page 504)
In the twisted modern world of intersectionality, Ilhan Omar and the alt-left are claiming that the immoral pro-Zionist money is enabling a takeover of America’s foreign policy to protect the racist, colonial Zionist entity. At it’s core, that is not a discussion about a particular Israeli policy, nor about lobbying groups generally. That is a bright red line of anti-Semitism crawling back from humanity’s darkest history into modern US politics.
We are watching the unfolding of a very insidious strain of socialism play out in the Democratic party that brought the world to ruin less than 100 years ago. What are we going to do about it?
Related First.One.Through articles:
Rep. Ilhan Omar and The 2001 Durban Racism Conference
Is Ilhan Omar’s Mentor the Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei?
Christiane Amanpour is More Anti-Semitic Than Ilhan Omar
Is Calling Someone a ‘Nazi’ Simply a ‘Poor Choice of Words?’ Ask a Westchester Democrat
Between Right-Wing and Left-Wing Antisemitism
Liberals’ Biggest Enemies of 2015
Subscribe YouTube channel: FirstOneThrough
Join Facebook group: FirstOne Through Israel Analysis and FirstOneThrough
Pingback: Inclusion versus Attention, and The Failure of American Leadership | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: Criticizing Muslim Antisemitism is Not Islamophobia | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: Anti-Israel Lobbyists Dwarf Pro-Israel Lobbyists | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: The Mourabitat Women of Congress | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: As Ilhan Omar Shows, Not Everyone is Jackie Robinson | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: Ilhan Omar and AOC Try To Reclaim The Word ‘Holocaust’ | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: All About the Benjamins: Jordan Sells Citizenship While Women Left In The Cold | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: The Insidious Jihad in America | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: Muslim Women Debate Anti-Semitism | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: Omar and Tlaib’s Antisemitic B.D.S. | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: Will the 2020 Democratic Platform Trash Israel? | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: Black Hate Crimes of 2018 | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: American Jewry is Right on Israel | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: The Joy of Lecturing Jews | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: Voices of/to the House Foreign Affairs Committee | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: The Re-Introduction of the ‘Powerful’ Jew Smear | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: Check Your Kippah Privilege | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: “Clarifications,” The Toxic Cleanse | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: MSNBC Courts Anti-Semitic Leftists | FirstOneThrough
Ilhan For President! Her campaign slogan should be: *Let’s make “Never Again!” – *Again!
Pingback: No, NY Times, Liberal-Progressives are Pro-Israel. Anti-Semitic Socialists are Anti-Israel | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: Ilhan Omar Understands Security, Just Not For Israeli Civilians | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: A Step Towards MidEast Peace: Shedding Ilhan Omar | FirstOneThrough