Human beings have been at war with each other for thousands of years. The past 100 years have been particularly violent.
World War I began in 1914, and claimed roughly 16 million people (including 7 million civilians.) The years that followed saw repeated conflicts with some of the worst death tolls in human history: World War II (60+ million); Sino-Japanese war (20 million); Chinese Civil War (7.5 million); Russian Civil War (5 million); and on and on.
One hundred years on, in 2014, battles continue to rage in Syria, Ukraine and around Africa including: Somalia; Sudan; Libya; Guinea-Bissau and the Central Africa Republic. Many of these conflicts are a long way from being resolved.
There are many conspiracy theorists who believe Jews are behind all of the wars in the world. These anti-Semites have bought the lines and lies of Hamas, the democratically-elected Palestinian terrorist organization, which has stated their twisted thinking in their charter:
“The enemies have been scheming for a long time, and they have consolidated their schemes, in order to achieve what they have achieved. They took advantage of key elements in unfolding events, and accumulated a huge and influential material wealth which they put to the service of implementing their dream. This wealth [permitted them to] take over control of the world media such as news agencies, the press, publication houses, broadcasting and the like. [They also used this] wealth to stir revolutions in various parts of the globe in order to fulfill their interests and pick the fruits. They stood behind the French and the Communist Revolutions and behind most of the revolutions we hear about here and there. They also used the money to establish clandestine organizations which are spreading around the world, in order to destroy societies and carry out Zionist interests. Such organizations are: the Freemasons, Rotary Clubs, Lions Clubs, B’nai B’rith and the like. All of them are destructive spying organizations. They also used the money to take over control of the Imperialist states and made them colonize many countries in order to exploit the wealth of those countries and spread their corruption therein. As regards local and world wars, it has come to pass and no one objects, that they stood behind World War I, so as to wipe out the Islamic Caliphate. They collected material gains and took control of many sources of wealth. They obtained the Balfour Declaration and established the League of Nations in order to rule the world by means of that organization. They also stood behind World War II, where they collected immense benefits from trading with war materials and prepared for the establishment of their state. They inspired the establishment of the United Nations and the Security Council to replace the League of Nations, in order to rule the world by their intermediary. There was no war that broke out anywhere without their fingerprints on it” (Article 22)
Most wars have nothing to do with Israel. Muslim countries and territories have been in roughly 50 wars since the founding of Israel in 1948 which have killed over 8.3 million people. Wars involving Israel account for 1% of those fatalities. By way of comparison, wars with world powers (US, Russia and France) against Muslim countries killed over 7 times as many people as wars involving Israel.
Over 90% of fatalities in wars with a Muslim country are in wars against other Muslims.
But is it easier to blame yourself or a scapegoat?
List of recent Muslim Wars:
- 1983-2005 Sudan (Muslim)-South Sudan (Christian)- 1.8 million killed
- 1980-1988 Iran (Muslim)-Iraq (Muslim) 1.5 million, including 200,000 Kurdish civilians, many from mustard gas
- 1967-1970 Nigeria (Muslim) civil war – 1.2+ million
- 1975-2002 Angola (Muslim) civil war 800,000+
- 1955-1972 Sudan (Muslim/christian) civil war- 500,000 killed
- 1991-2006 Somalia (Muslim) civil war 300,000+
- 1971 Bangladesh (Muslim)-west Pakistan(Muslim) 300,000
- 1974-1980 Ethiopian (Muslim) civil war 250,000+
- 1954-1962 France-Algeria (Muslim) 250,000
- 1976-1990 Lebanon civil war (Muslim/Christian fighting) 200,000+ killed
- 2011-present Syria civil war (Muslim) 170,000+
- 2003-2011 US-Iraq (Muslim) 160,000+ killed
- 1962-1970 Yemen (Muslim) Civil War/Egypt(Muslim) 100,000+, including thousands of civilians from mustard gas
- 1979-1988 USSR-Afghanistan (Muslim) 100,000 killed
- 1992-1995 Bosnian War 100,000 killed; 1 million displaced
- 1975-1990 Indonesia (Muslim)-East Timor(Christian) 100,000 killed, mostly Christians
- 1994-1995 Russia- Chechnya (Muslim) 80,000
- 1991-2002 Sierra Leone (Muslim) civil war 50,000+
- 2001-present US-Afghanistan (Muslim) 47,000+
- 1984-present Turkey (Muslim)-Kurds 44,000
- 1999 Russia – Chechnya (Muslim) 40,000+
- 1990-1991 US-Iraq (Muslim), Kuwait (Muslim) 35,000
- 2006-2009 Somalia (Muslim)-Ethiopia 28,000
- 1982-1983 Israel (Jewish)-Lebanon (Muslim) 27,000
- 1982 Syria (Muslim) Hama uprising 20,000
- 1948-1949 Israel(Jewish) – Egypt (Muslim), Syria(Muslim), Jordan(Muslim), Iraq(Muslim), Saudi Arabia (Muslim), Sudan(Muslim), Yemen(Muslim) 18,000
- 1973 Israel(Jewish)-Egypt(Muslim); Syria(Muslim) 18,000
- 1967 Israel(Jewish)-Egypt(Muslim); Jordan(Muslim); Syria(Muslim) 16,000
- 1971 India (Hindu)-Pakistan(Muslim) 13,000
- 2011 Libya (Muslim) civil war 8000+
- 1947-1948 India(Hindu)-Pakistan(Muslim) 7,500
- 1965 India (Hindu)-Pakistan(Muslim) 6800
- 2000-2008 Israel (Jewish)-Palestinians 6500
- 2004- Shia Insurgency in Yemen 5000
- 2009-present Somalia(Muslim) civil war 4000
- 2001 AlQaeda (Muslim)- US 3000
- 1999 India (Hindu)-Pakistan(Muslim) 2500
- 1987-1993 Israel (Jewish)-Palestinians 2300
- 2009-present south Yemen(Muslim) 1500
- 2008 Israel(Jewish)-Hamas(Muslim) 1400
- 2005-2010 Chad (Muslim/christian) civil war 1000+
- 1990 Iraq (Muslim)-Kuwait(Muslim) 1000+ killed
- 2006 Israel (Jewish)-Hezbollah(Muslim) 600
- 1989-1991 Mauritania(Muslim)-Senegal(Muslim) 500
- 1985 Mali (Muslim)- Burkina Faso (Muslim) 250
- 2012 Israel (Jewish)- Hamas 200+
- 1991-2001 Djibouti civil war 100+
Great post. Unfortunately, for both Islamic fanatics and Leftist (non-Islamic) fanatics, inconvenient facts and logic have never been allowed to stand in the way of crass demagoguery and incitement. It is far easier for Muslims to blame Israel for Palestinian deaths resulting from Hamas’s belligerence and provocations, than it is for them to scrutinize the deaths resulting from internecine squabbles amongst the sundry sects of their own religion, and to attempt to reflect on why so many of the world’s conflicts (and, most of the victims of those conflicts) involve adherents of this so-called “religion of peace.”
Pingback: Israel bombs UN school in Gaza killing 15 - Page 2 - TeakDoor.com - The Thailand Forum
Thank you for this composite history of incessant warfare around the world conducted mostly by radical Muslims against other Muslims, Christians, and of course, Jews. It is mind-boggling when one adds up the figures of lost lives, lost human potential who could have made positive contributions in our quest for a better world for all.
In the face of this appalling realty, I can only be more and more impressed with the People of Israel who, despite every difficulty and sorrow, have never stopped searching and working for progress and betterment of the world.
Hamas is either the most cynical master of outrageous slander, or is simply paranoid and in dire need of psychiatric intervention.
Pingback: Protesting the Victor, not the Victims | firstonethrough
Pingback: The Obama Administration Lays Foundation of Blame at Israel for a Potential War with Iran | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: New York Times’ Tales of Israeli Messianic War-Mongering | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: A Flower in Terra Barbarus | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: The Color Coded Lexicon of Israel’s Bigotry: It’s not Just PinkWashing | FirstOneThrough
What I’d like to know is what planet is Hamas living on??? They obviously speak from ignorance and not intelligence and knowledge.
Pingback: Muslim Anti-Semitism Anchored in Jews Responsible for All Wars | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: Are Muslim-Majority Countries Anti-Christian? | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: The War Preferred | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: Background Checks, a Palestinian Military and Israeli “Military Occupation” | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: Upside Down for Sudan | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: The Selective Protests Reveal Anti-Semitism | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: Lessons for Israel From Russia’s Invasion Of Ukraine | FirstOneThrough
Pingback: No Empathy For Israeli Victims Of Terror | FirstOneThrough